When California’s Port of Long Beach was bottlenecked last year, Flexport CEO Ryan Petersen tweeted his proposed solution: empty containers needed to be stacked higher to clear room. (They later were.) Petersen’s shipment-tracking firm solves similar problems for customers daily, and to great success: Flexport made $3.3 billion in revenue last year amid the supply-chain crisis, up 154%. More recently, Flexport raised over $19.5 million to deliver goods for Ukrainian refugees.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time