While most animal-milk alternatives have their own unique tastes and textures, Perfect Day has devised a way of “teaching” microflora to produce milk whey protein, resulting in dairy-identical products with no cows involved. The process, which uses precision fermentation and genetically modified fungi, consumes less water, and results in fewer emissions compared with traditional dairy farming. Under CEO and co-founder Ryan Pandya and co-founder Perumal Gandhi, the company has partnered with major brands like Starbucks and General Mills, and is making everything from cream cheese and ice cream to cake mixes and protein powder.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer