While most animal-milk alternatives have their own unique tastes and textures, Perfect Day has devised a way of “teaching” microflora to produce milk whey protein, resulting in dairy-identical products with no cows involved. The process, which uses precision fermentation and genetically modified fungi, consumes less water, and results in fewer emissions compared with traditional dairy farming. Under CEO and co-founder Ryan Pandya and co-founder Perumal Gandhi, the company has partnered with major brands like Starbucks and General Mills, and is making everything from cream cheese and ice cream to cake mixes and protein powder.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time