Seniors have spent the past two years suffering from two pandemics: one caused by COVID-19, another by the social isolation intended to reduce the virus’s spread. Rendever offers a high-tech solution for the latter: using virtual reality, it creates shared experiences for seniors, meant to combat isolation and loneliness (which are associated with health risks like dementia and stroke) as well as improve physical fitness. Rendever’s tech, which is in use in over 400 nursing homes across the U.S., Canada, and Australia, is “changing the lives of participants all over the world for the better,” says co-founder and CEO Kyle Rand.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time