Verbal abuse often ruins otherwise great online multiplayer games. Modulate has a solution in the form of ToxMod, a first-of-its-kind platform that uses artificial intelligence to detect sexism, racism, or other forms of abuse in games, and alert human moderators, who can issue warnings or ban offenders. The goal, says co-founder and chief technology officer Carter Huffman, is to make games “safer and more inclusive.” ToxMod is already in use in major titles like Rec Room, which began deploying the tech for its 37 million users last year.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- The Biggest Moments From the Second Republican Debate
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time