NoTraffic wants to change a century-old technology: traffic lights. Its system uses AI and cloud-connected radar to improve the flow of cars, buses, bikers, and pedestrians at urban intersections. Already operating in Arizona and California, NoTraffic raised $17.5 million last July to help it expand into Europe and Asia. Its tech can cut wait times in half, trim carbon emissions, and reduce the number of cars running red lights. Another goal? “Letting people spend a few more minutes every day with their loved ones … or get home in a safer way,” says co-founder and CEO Tal Kreisler.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2022
- I Tested Positive for COVID-19 Right Before the Holidays. What Should I Do?
- Column: How To Create a Sense of Belonging In a Divided America
- How to Survive the Holidays if You're a Scrooge
- Life Expectancy Provides Evidence of How Far Black Americans Have Come
- The 10 Best Albums of 2022
- Iran Has a Long History of Protest and Activism
- 6 Ways to Give Better Gifts—Based on Science