NoTraffic wants to change a century-old technology: traffic lights. Its system uses AI and cloud-connected radar to improve the flow of cars, buses, bikers, and pedestrians at urban intersections. Already operating in Arizona and California, NoTraffic raised $17.5 million last July to help it expand into Europe and Asia. Its tech can cut wait times in half, trim carbon emissions, and reduce the number of cars running red lights. Another goal? “Letting people spend a few more minutes every day with their loved ones … or get home in a safer way,” says co-founder and CEO Tal Kreisler.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief