In part to reach its commitment of going net zero by 2040, Alaska Airlines became the first carrier to implement Flyways, AI software that plots more efficient routes. Over the course of a year, Flyways helped Alaska cut flight times and save 1.6 million gallons of fuel. While the airline’s climate targets are ambitious—Alaska burns 750 million gallons of fuel a year—addressing climate change has become a key focus for CEO Ben Minicucci and the Seattle-based carrier.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time