When Jasmin Foster founded her inclusivity-focused stationery brand Be Rooted in early 2020, she hoped to create a space for women of color to see themselves in a place they hadn’t been before. Just one year later, Be Rooted became the first and only Black-owned stationery brand for sale at retail giant Target. With a lineup of colorful journals, planners, and writing instruments all designed by Black and brown artists and featuring a range of skin tones and hair stylings, Be Rooted is bringing a little more creative diversity into the world.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time