When Jasmin Foster founded her inclusivity-focused stationery brand Be Rooted in early 2020, she hoped to create a space for women of color to see themselves in a place they hadn’t been before. Just one year later, Be Rooted became the first and only Black-owned stationery brand for sale at retail giant Target. With a lineup of colorful journals, planners, and writing instruments all designed by Black and brown artists and featuring a range of skin tones and hair stylings, Be Rooted is bringing a little more creative diversity into the world.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023