With nearly every tech exec suddenly talking about the metaverse, Rec Room has been thrust into the limelight. Thirty-seven million players use the company’s social virtual reality app to create and share a huge variety of games and other digital experiences, making it one of the biggest, most varied, and earliest examples of what’s possible in the metaverse. “The platform has become a place where people can come together to form meaningful connections, build communities, and share their creativity,” says CEO and co-founder Nick Fajt.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now