With nearly every tech exec suddenly talking about the metaverse, Rec Room has been thrust into the limelight. Thirty-seven million players use the company’s social virtual reality app to create and share a huge variety of games and other digital experiences, making it one of the biggest, most varied, and earliest examples of what’s possible in the metaverse. “The platform has become a place where people can come together to form meaningful connections, build communities, and share their creativity,” says CEO and co-founder Nick Fajt.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- Why You Can't Remember That Taylor Swift Concert All Too Well
- What to Know About the History of the Debt Ceiling
- 10 Questions the Succession Finale Needs to Answer
- How Four Trans Teens Threw the Prom of Their Dreams
- Why Turkey’s Longtime Leader Is an Electoral Powerhouse
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- Why Rich People Aren't Using Phone Cases