With nearly every tech exec suddenly talking about the metaverse, Rec Room has been thrust into the limelight. Thirty-seven million players use the company’s social virtual reality app to create and share a huge variety of games and other digital experiences, making it one of the biggest, most varied, and earliest examples of what’s possible in the metaverse. “The platform has become a place where people can come together to form meaningful connections, build communities, and share their creativity,” says CEO and co-founder Nick Fajt.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time