With nearly every tech exec suddenly talking about the metaverse, Rec Room has been thrust into the limelight. Thirty-seven million players use the company’s social virtual reality app to create and share a huge variety of games and other digital experiences, making it one of the biggest, most varied, and earliest examples of what’s possible in the metaverse. “The platform has become a place where people can come together to form meaningful connections, build communities, and share their creativity,” says CEO and co-founder Nick Fajt.
A weekly newsletter featuring conversations with the world’s top CEOs, managers, and founders. Join the Leadership Brief.
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023