Title: Blue Cat
On Jan 16th, 2015 I took a big step towards achieving my dreams of becoming an illustrator. My whole life I’ve created characters but this was the first time I decided to go all in on a character, and this character was Blue Cat.
The Catoonist was born on Instagram as a way for me to develop the character and really experiment with where it could go. During this time I was located in Atlanta, GA and I did everything to get this character in the eyes of other people. Paintings, wood cutouts, pop-up markets, Free-Art Friday, Artist events, anything I could think of I was trying to do.
Through this process the character saw many different variations of different shapes and colors until it finally landed on the Blue Cat we know today.
Colin Egan invited Vinnie Hager to TIMEPieces. Their work is inspired by the year 2015.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer