In 2015, a jaded blogger named Orla orchestrates her roommate Floss’s social media stardom, gaining them entry into the swanky parties of their dreams. That is, until a disaster that will be known as the Spill corrupts the Internet—and life as they know it. Orla and Floss cannot foresee that they are helping create the dystopian culture featured in the second storyline of Megan Angelo’s dazzling debut: the town of Constellation, where in the year 2051 celebrities selected by the federal government and sponsored by pharmaceutical companies broadcast their entire existence to the public.
- These Charts Show COVID-19 Is Still the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated
- Reddit Allows Hate Speech to Flourish in Its Global Forums, Moderators Say
- What It Takes to Get Support for a Black Boy With Special Needs
- Shonda Rhimes Already Knows What You're Going to Watch Next
- How Harry Reid Paved the Way for Democrats to Kill the Filibuster
- President Biden's Speech in Atlanta Was Designed to Appeal to Black Voters—But Not Everything About It Succeeded
- China Is Finding Fewer Reliable Sources of Coal. That Could Be Bad News for the Climate