A collection by 12-year-old digital artist and our first Artist-in-Residence, Nyla Hayes, Long Neckie Women of the Year features 1,000 unique pieces in the style of Nyla’s Long Neckie Ladies and is based on TIME’s Women of the Year franchise.
TIME’s Women of the Year is the perfect franchise for Nyla’s work and her interest in representing a diverse set of women with long necks, mimicking her favorite dinosaur, the Brontosaurus. As Nyla translated each of the 100 women, she used the project as a history lesson, diving into the backgrounds of each woman through books and film.
The 100 women featured in this drop include: Coco Chanel, Amelia Earhart, Anna May Wong, Eva Perón, Frida Kahlo, Billie Holiday, China Machado, Dolores Huerta, Gloria Steinem, Indira Gandhi, Tu Youyou, Diana, Princess of Wales, Madonna, Toni Morrison, Michelle Obama, Malala Yousafzai, Pussy Riot, and Beyoncé Knowles-Carter. You can find the full list of women featured here.
Nyla’s collection includes 1,000 unique pieces of the 100 women: Each woman has one red border piece and nine white border pieces with unique backgrounds. The full suite for Frida Kahlo is shown below:
The raffle for the presale list will open on November 11, 2021 at 12pm ET, and be live for 24 hours.
The collection will mint on November 17, 2021, on nft.time.com and each piece will be priced at 0.125ETH (reflective of the artist’s youth).
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up