This collection is an limited edition of Micah Johnson’s “Into the Metaverse” cover of TIME. The sale will last for 24 hours starting 12pm ET on Sunday July 24 and ending Monday July 25 at 3pm ET. Each NFT has the opportunity to receive an airdrop of Micah’s cover sketches that will be randomly distributed to a very limited selection of minters.
Johnson, a former Major League baseball shortstop turned digital artist, rendered an image of a virtual portal featuring his character Aku, who Johnson considers the world’s first digital explorer.
“I wanted to present him in a way that he’s welcoming others into the world that gave him this incredible platform to begin his journey,” Johnson said of Aku on TIME’s cover.
- Learn more about the making of the cover: https://time.com/6196282/time-metaverse-cover/
- Read the cover story: https://time.com/6197849/metaverse-future-matthew-ball/
Buy on OpenSea: https://opensea.io/collection/timepieces-intothemetaverse
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best TV Shows of 2023 So Far
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk