Title: Examining The Negatives
Whenever I feel stuck, I look within. I hone in on my negatives, turn them into art, and ultimately grow from the connection that occurs when sharing them with the outside world. Sometimes our darkest demons become our most relatable art. This photo is a reminder that when we’re stuck, or feel out of control, we can always look within to initiate change. Examine the negatives first, and growth will surely follow.
About the Artist
In her work, Julie Pacino features subjects that exist between binaries and their expected roles. Her films and photographs spark conversations about the interplay between sexuality and power, the communal and the autocratic, and frequently use psychological horror to embody existing power structures.
View on OpenSea here.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time