Raised in Georgia, Kendall “Pow Wow” Chambers was introduced to the world of art by his mother, who exposed them to images and works of empowerment to battle the racist oppressive environment they were in at the time. Chambers was invited to TIMEPieces by Charly Palmer.
“Not a Player” Booger Bear is a recurring character in Kenfolk Art. The symbols and words are used to share wisdom. The meaning behind “Play Games Not People” is that games are necessary for brain development, creativity, innovation, and problem solving. Allowing folks to develop, play, and grow is critical for our future! The path to a brighter future is nurturing the people of the present, bringing all groups to decision making tables, and acting in the best interest of everyone.This is to happen without being shamed, cancelled or manipulated by those who view other folks’ lives as a game.
About the Artist
While living in Stone Mountain, Georgia, Kendall Chambers cultivated and developed “Kenfolk Art”. Kenfolk Art explores, documents, and examines the different aspects of indigenous American life. With this new genre, “Pow Wow” will create and learn as much as possible to make a path for others to represent themselves through the arts.
View on OpenSea here.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating