Julie Pacino is an award-winning photographer and filmmaker born in New York and based in Los Angeles. Pacino was invited to TIMEPieces by Houda Bakkali.
Title: Find Your Muse
Center stage, an artist cares for her muse. Scraps of film and an upturned camera show that beyond technique and ambition, art comes from the fundamental tenderness we hold for each other. Together they represent the power of empathy, and the influence of love. In their embrace, these two women can leave behind a dark past for a brighter future.
About the Artist
In her work, Julie Pacino features subjects that exist between binaries and their expected roles. Her films and photographs spark conversations about the interplay between sexuality and power, the communal and the autocratic, and frequently use psychological horror to embody existing power structures.
View on OpenSea here.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out