Julie Pacino is an award-winning photographer and filmmaker born in New York and based in Los Angeles. Pacino was invited to TIMEPieces by Houda Bakkali.
Title: Find Your Muse
Center stage, an artist cares for her muse. Scraps of film and an upturned camera show that beyond technique and ambition, art comes from the fundamental tenderness we hold for each other. Together they represent the power of empathy, and the influence of love. In their embrace, these two women can leave behind a dark past for a brighter future.
About the Artist
In her work, Julie Pacino features subjects that exist between binaries and their expected roles. Her films and photographs spark conversations about the interplay between sexuality and power, the communal and the autocratic, and frequently use psychological horror to embody existing power structures.
View on OpenSea here.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This