Julie Pacino is an award-winning photographer and filmmaker born in New York and based in Los Angeles. Pacino was invited to TIMEPieces by Houda Bakkali.
Title: Find Your Muse
Center stage, an artist cares for her muse. Scraps of film and an upturned camera show that beyond technique and ambition, art comes from the fundamental tenderness we hold for each other. Together they represent the power of empathy, and the influence of love. In their embrace, these two women can leave behind a dark past for a brighter future.
About the Artist
In her work, Julie Pacino features subjects that exist between binaries and their expected roles. Her films and photographs spark conversations about the interplay between sexuality and power, the communal and the autocratic, and frequently use psychological horror to embody existing power structures.
View on OpenSea here.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Ocean Is Climate Change’s First Victim and Last Resort
- Column: 6 Proven Ways to Reduce Gun Violence
- Ads Are Officially Coming to Netflix. Here's What That Means for You
- Jenny Slate on the Unifying Power of a Well-Heeled Shell Named Marcel
- Column: The FDA's Juul Ban May Not be a Pure Public Health Triumph
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State