When one of the biggest rock bands recently landed a deal to use its hit 1970s song in a commercial, its members were overjoyed. There was one problem: the admakers wanted only the instrumentals, and all the band had was the final mix. So the rockers’ team approached AudioShake, whose AI program isolates elements of prerecorded audio to strip it into its constituent parts. “We make audio interactive and editable and make it possible to fuel these really practical uses that help artists make money,” says co-founder and CEO Jessica Powell.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time