These are independent reviews of the products mentioned, but TIME receives a commission when purchases are made through affiliate links at no additional cost to the purchaser.
In the U.S. about 40 children die each year because they are left alone in a hot car. It’s an extra risk for babies in rear-facing car seats, because they’re not visible to the driver. SensAlert, a removable car-seat insert by car-seat maker Doona, uses sensors to detect the presence of a child to help prevent tragedy. New to the U.S. market, it automatically connects to smartphones via Bluetooth, and triggers three incremental alerts if a child is unattended in the car.
Buy Now: Doona SensAlert on Amazon
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time