In war, injuries can’t always be treated in a sterile operating theater. “We offer high-quality care and safe surgery at the point of need,” says Debbie Teodorescu, founder of MIT spinout SurgiBox. Its SurgiField system is a three-part, battery-powered surgical environment: a bubble inflated from a backpack and pumped with filtered air. SurgiBox has donated dozens to Ukraine’s army; the country’s military says they’ve saved at least 31 lives.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time