The brainchild of twin sisters Merav and Michal Mor, Lumen is a handheld, breathalyzer-like device that measures carbon dioxide levels in the breath – a do-it-yourself alternative to a technique that has long been used for metabolic testing in clinical settings. From there, it can determine whether the body is burning more fat or or carbs at a given time, then advise users accordingly on nutrition, exercise, and rest via the connected app as part of an overall wellness regimen. “It can help people change their behavior,” says Daniel Tal Mor, CEO of Lumen, which raised $62 million in funding at the end of 2022.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time