These are independent reviews of the products mentioned, but TIME receives a commission when purchases are made through affiliate links at no additional cost to the purchaser.
More than a million people die each year from unsafe drinking water, often in conflict zones or after natural disasters. To address this, LifeStraw invented a solution that strips water of bacteria, parasites, and viruses at scale. Its compact, 16-lb. system attaches to an existing water supply, cleaning 40 gal. of water an hour using hollow-fiber filters that block anything larger than 20 nanometers from passing through. “We wanted something that could work both at a refugee-camp level but also where you have flooding and wildfires,” says chief brand officer Tara Lundy.
Buy Now: LifeStraw Max on Amazon
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time