The Faro Powerdock is a solar-powered dock that charges an electric boat with clean energy. “The boat can [then] be used to power other components or even provide power to the electrical grid,” says Luis Marinho Falcão, partner and head of communications and sustainable growth at Powerdock manufacturer Faroboats. The setup also elevates the boat above the water, eliminating the need for harmful antifouling paints that keep sea life from attaching to the hull. The dock fits Faro’s own speedboats and is planned to fit any electric or hybrid boat up to 12 m.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time