These are independent reviews of the products mentioned, but TIME receives a commission when purchases are made through affiliate links at no additional cost to the purchaser.
Audio company Sonos began developing the Era 300 spatial audio speaker after Dolby released its groundbreaking Atmos immersive audio format. “The brief to the team was: ‘How do you create one product that makes you feel like there are seven or eight speakers in the room?’” says CEO Patrick Spence. The result is the amazing Era 300, a single speaker that sounds like a full system. Almost every part, from tweeters to waveguides, was built afresh for the speaker. Spence says it’s already in every Universal Music studio, where it’s used to test Dolby Atmos track mixes.
Buy Now: Sonos Era 300 on Amazon
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time