These are independent reviews of the products mentioned, but TIME receives a commission when purchases are made through affiliate links at no additional cost to the purchaser.
Apple’s new Ultra 2, its highest-end watch, allows you to simply tap your index finger and thumb together twice to answer the phone or snooze an alarm. This cool trick is enabled in part by an algorithm that detects tiny changes in blood flow when you tap those fingers. In addition, it’s among Apple’s first carbon-neutral products. Apple says 30% of the material is recycled, while many units are shipped from factories by sea instead of by air. Apple plans to eventually take the same approach with all its products. “We will keep innovating to meet the urgency of the moment,” says Lisa P. Jackson, vice president of environment, policy, and social initiatives.
Buy Now: Apple Watch Ultra 2 on Amazon
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time