SPECIAL MENTION: Wearable tech may provide more autonomy for millions of people who are either blind or live with uncorrectable vision loss. Ara, a lightweight rechargeable device that uses sensors to detect objects much like a driverless car does, is worn on the chest and can detect obstacles not only at ground level (like a cane) but also at head and chest levels and communicates their location to the wearer through sequenced vibrations.
Buy Now: Strap Technologies Ara
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- How Tech Giants Turned Ukraine Into an AI War Lab
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time