The electric-vehicle revolution has officially reached the tundra: Quebec-based Taiga Motors is the first to sell fully battery-powered snowmobiles. “The snowmobile is among the hardest platforms to electrify because it operates in extreme cold temperatures,” says CEO and co-founder Sam Bruneau. Taiga tackled that with an ultra-compact proprietary battery pack featuring built-in thermal systems. It will take you 62 miles (100 km) with zero emissions. That’s a big upgrade from two-stroke-engine snowmobiles, which are allowed to emit pollutants at much higher rates than cars.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time