Gardening usually demands skill and patience. But if you live in South Korea, all you need is an LG Tiiun. Named using the Korean verb for sprout, the indoor-gardening appliance from LG Electronics looks like a minifridge but acts like a super-smart tiny greenhouse. It has automated weather, water, and lighting controls to maintain optimal plant growth, and users can adjust settings at any time through a companion app. LG Tiiun is available only in South Korea, but the company says it is “currently seeking opportunities” in other markets.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement