On an internet rife with malware, protecting personal data is essential. One solution: virtual private networks (VPNs), which encrypt data, shielding you from the prying eyes of companies, governments, and hackers. Once the preserve of those willing to tolerate slower connection speeds, VPNs are now fast and user-friendly—thanks in part to NordVPN. With its latest version, released in March, the service blocks malware and malicious ads—most VPNs don’t—while also offering a suite of cybersecurity services for consumers and businesses, including encrypted password managers and cloud storage. Nord Security, the Lithuania-based startup behind NordVPN, was valued at $1.6 billion earlier this year.
Buy Now: Nord Security NordVPN
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time