The great outdoors can easily be ruined by bug bites. From citronella candles to body sprays, many have promised respite, but Thermacell’s LIV is designed to de-mosquito an entire area—say, a backyard. Users install repellers with replaceable cartridges containing -metofluthrin to form an outdoor coverage zone, and then operate it via a wall–mounted wi-fi-enabled hub. The app- or voice–controlled system allows schedules and timers, and alerts if repellent runs low. Demand for bug-free life is clear: the day it went on sale in March was the company’s biggest online–sales day ever.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022