The great outdoors can easily be ruined by bug bites. From citronella candles to body sprays, many have promised respite, but Thermacell’s LIV is designed to de-mosquito an entire area—say, a backyard. Users install repellers with replaceable cartridges containing -metofluthrin to form an outdoor coverage zone, and then operate it via a wall–mounted wi-fi-enabled hub. The app- or voice–controlled system allows schedules and timers, and alerts if repellent runs low. Demand for bug-free life is clear: the day it went on sale in March was the company’s biggest online–sales day ever.
Buy Now: Thermacell LIV Smart Mosquito Repellent System
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism