Vaayu is a real-time carbon—emissions calculator and platform specifically made for retail companies. Built on life-cycle assessments and integrated with point-of-sale systems to gather up-to-date transaction data, Vaayu lets companies see carbon emissions from different supply-chain points and identify areas where they could reduce them. The startup currently has 60 retail partners. Vaayu even offers consumer-facing metrics, so shoppers can evaluate the footprint of products and delivery methods before they purchase.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction