During the height of the pandemic, nearly 23 million Americans—one in five households—got a cat or dog. Among them was new puppy parent Joe Spector, who immediately calculated the high cost of pet care and set about making it more accessible. The result is Dutch, a subscription–based tele-medicine platform that connects pet owners to licensed veterinarians within an hour to treat nonemergency conditions like allergies, anxiety, and rashes. (If your pet requires blood work or lab tests, Dutch will triage with a local vet to schedule an in-person visit.) If you live in one of the 32 states that allow vets to prescribe virtually, Dutch will send medications and a treatment plan within 24 hours.
Buy Now: Dutch
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time