Tokyo-based Fairy Devices figures a wearable camera for workers isn’t the same as one for bungee jumpers. Linklet is for presentations and meetings, with easy connection to Zoom and Microsoft Teams. A videoconferencing wearer could switch to wide-angle first-person view to show everyone a hands-on demonstration. The necklace-like design is surprisingly unobtrusive and keeps video steady. “A head mount is not natural for humans,” says Fairy Devices Chief Strategy Officer Yuichiro Takezaki. Five microphones capture crisp audio even amid background noise. It’s now selling in Japan with a hefty monthly fee for its LTE connection, which enables streaming from anywhere. The U.S. market is under consideration for 2023.
- Who Will Be TIME's Person of the Year 2023?
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time