Huddles of people gathered around airport outlets to juice up before take off may soon be a scene from the past. Pioneering wireless power tech company Ossia has unveiled the first table that can receive and distribute power wirelessly. A transmitter disguised as a ceiling tile sends power to the cord-free Power Table up to 33 feet (10 meters) away, turning it into a giant charging pad. According to Ossia founder and President Hatem Zeine, the Power Table “provides a flexible experience for powering devices while eliminating competition for scarce outlets.” Beyond terminals, keep an eye out for them in coffee shops, hotels and restaurants.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time