The world’s first robotic fry cook automates one of the most dangerous jobs in fast food. Like its predecessor, Flippy 2 is a modular system installed over existing fryers. But second-generation Flippy, which Miso Robotics is rolling out in dozens of restaurants this year (starts at $3,000 per month), is more compact and comes with a new “AutoBin” system that uses AI to recognize raw ingredients, fry them to perfection, and then place them in hot-holding. Customers enjoy food cooked faster and more consistently, with less potential for cross-contamination. Restaurants, meanwhile, cut down on waste and safety risks—Flippy 2 works its magic behind a clear barrier to prevent oil burns.
Buy Now: Miso Robotics Flippy 2
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time