The world’s first robotic fry cook automates one of the most dangerous jobs in fast food. Like its predecessor, Flippy 2 is a modular system installed over existing fryers. But second-generation Flippy, which Miso Robotics is rolling out in dozens of restaurants this year (starts at $3,000 per month), is more compact and comes with a new “AutoBin” system that uses AI to recognize raw ingredients, fry them to perfection, and then place them in hot-holding. Customers enjoy food cooked faster and more consistently, with less potential for cross-contamination. Restaurants, meanwhile, cut down on waste and safety risks—Flippy 2 works its magic behind a clear barrier to prevent oil burns.
Buy Now: Miso Robotics Flippy 2
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism