SPECIAL MENTION: Incorrect addresses aren’t just annoying—they delay first responders and cost U.S. logistics companies billions of dollars a year. eLiT’s innovative address signs ($130) use mobile networks to pinpoint their precise location, correcting any errors in Google Maps and similar software used by delivery drivers. The sign can also flash white and red for couriers and first responders using the company’s tech.—Alison Van Houten
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving