SPECIAL MENTION: Samsung is bringing the TV remote into the 21st century with its rechargeable Eco Remote, a sustainable and stylish device equipped with solar cells and a USB charger that can run up to two years on a single charge. The company says the switch to a more eco-friendly remote can save up to 40 million batteries a year, eliminate 2,100 tons of greenhouse gases, and prevent a significant amount of metal from contaminating soil and groundwater. —Jared Linzdon
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving