SPECIAL MENTION: Eager to free your inbox and other data from the big tech companies? This personal server should do the trick. The Linux-based home device (from $249) stores your email, calendar, and contact data, encrypting it with a key only you can access. (No, it won’t work with your old Gmail address.) —Jesse Will
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving