SPECIAL MENTION: Developed by Austin, Texas-based ICON, the Vulcan system can 3D print 2,000-square-foot homes and other dwellings out of a cement-based material known as Lavacrete in as little as four days. The company has built more than two dozen homes so far—including a simulated Mars dwelling at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston. Such tech could eventually be deployed on the Red Planet for real. —Jeffrey Kluger
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.