Just like fingerprints, everyone’s hearing is different. Yet most earbuds, even the priciest and most sophisticated, treat us all the same. Nuratrue ($199.99) takes a different approach—gauging the quirks of your hearing by playing about a minute’s worth of various tones and measuring the sounds that your cochleas produce in response, tones that are inaudible to humans. Nuratrue then applies a custom aural profile to anything you listen to, augmenting specific auditory ranges to create a richer, more detailed experience. Originally launched as over-the-ear headphones that earned innovation awards from Red Dot, CES and SXSW, these new true-wireless buds open a hidden door to all the detail you never even knew you were missing in your favorite music. —A.V.H.
Buy Now: Nuratrue
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was