Clunky zippers that snag, with teeth that catch, have troubled wearers since the earliest iterations were invented in the 19th century. TRU Zip is toothless, waterproof, dustproof, snag-resistant, and submersible, using both mechanical and vacuum forces to create a virtually impenetrable seal. Available in three sizes and fit for use in scenarios ranging from water sports to protecting medical equipment, it’s already being used by a number of outdoor product-makers. —Suyin Haynes
Buy now: Nite Ize TRU Zip
Correction, November 19
The original version of this story misstated the name of the company that developed the TRU Zip. It is Nite Ize, not Night Ize.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022