More than 700 million people lack access to safe water globally. But building a clean-water infrastructure in remote places is not only costly—it’s dirty, with many filtration systems fueled by emission-spewing diesel generators. So Solar Water Solutions created the Adaptive Nozzle Valve System (ANVS), a technology that purifies water by leveraging the sun’s renewable energy. It’s now generating clean water for up to 10,000 people every day in off-the-grid communities in Kenya, Namibia, and Indonesia, among other countries. —Mariah Espada
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow