With consumers relying more than ever on home deliveries, reports of porch pirates are surging, too. Enter the Yale Smart Delivery Box, which provides a safe, secure spot for delivery workers to drop items. The sturdy plastic boxes—which can be weighted down with sand for additional security—are fitted with a Wifi-connected lock, which can be set to open for a soon-to-arrive delivery via an app. Once the delivery is complete, the app will notify you so that you can retrieve the item at your leisure. —Jesse Will
Buy now: Yale Smart Delivery Box
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow