Finding the perfect shade of lipstick or eyeshadow can mean countless (and messy) applications of makeup. With Perfect Corp.’s free YouCam Makeup app, users can experiment with a new look with a simple swipe on their phone. Upload a selfie and you can virtually “try on” makeup, hair colors, or accessories, using YouCam Makeup’s AR technology. Since the app was created, it’s been downloaded over 100 million times and stands to grow much more with the move towards virtual experiences due to COVID-19. As consumers opted for contact-free shopping experiences this year, major beauty brands collaborated with Perfect Corp: this summer, Stila Cosmetics announced a partnership that leverages the app’s technology to allow users to virtually experiment with their products while browsing online. —Cady Lang
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow