Electric bikes are more popular than ever, but finding a place to store them, especially in smaller living spaces, is a big problem. The Gocycle GXi ($4,800) solves that by folding into a package about 2 ft. tall and 14 in. wide. But don’t let the bike’s small size fool you: the GXi is a comfy ride that can hit speeds of 20 m.p.h., with up to 50 miles of electric-assisted range. Spoke-free, side-mounted wheels make for quick tire changes, and a compact, removable battery makes it simple to recharge almost anywhere. And with an app that lets you customize how much power the bike delivers and when, you can expect a smooth experience no matter where you ride. —Patrick Lucas Austin
Buy now: Gocycle GXi
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow