A camping trip no longer means going completely off the grid with Yakima’s new CBX Solar rooftop cargo box. Topped with durable Sunflare solar panels, the $1,299 carrier is equipped with two USB ports and can power your campsite on an overnight trip or keep your devices charged—without having to use your car battery. “We were seeing people add solar panels to their cargo boxes, and wanted one that looked a little more polished,” says Evan Hampton, Yakima’s senior category manager. “It gives you a way to power your Bluetooth speaker at a trailhead before or after a hike or après-ski at the parking lot of a resort.” Plus, with 16 cu. ft. of storage space, the CBX Solar has more than enough room to hold your skis, snowboards, hiking gear or that last duffel you can never quite manage to squeeze into the trunk. —Simmone Shah
Buy now: Yakima CBX SOLAR
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow