OraSure is helping make COVID-19 testing—and quick results—more accessible. The company received among the first emergency-use authorizations from the FDA for an at-home COVID-19 sample-collection kit. Instead of going to a health professional and having a swab thrust up their noses, users spit into the OMNIgene Oral collection tube and send it to a lab, which then turns around the results in a day or two. Such collection kits, which anyone can order online, could vastly expand the reach of COVID-19 testing. —Alice Park
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow