When it comes to beauty, there’s no one-size-fits-all—which is why L’Oréal created the Perso, a smart dispenser that blends lipstick, foundation and skin-care formulas tailored to individual users. Simply log on to the device’s app and upload a selfie, which the app’s algorithm will evaluate for common skin concerns like dark spots, wrinkles and blemishes. For skin-care formulas, the app will also factor in environmental condi- tions like humidity and sun exposure before the product requested by the user is mixed and dispensed from the device. The Perso, which will debut in 2021 for $200 to $300, uses interchangeable cartridges to blend its products, meaning users can toggle with ease between mixing either skin care or makeup. —Cady Lang
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow