Professional gel manicures typically mean longer-lasting and chip-proof paint jobs, but they can also entail spending an hour at a salon, a time-consuming process that can seem especially daunting in the midst of a pandemic. What if you could get the same results while at home? That’s the promise of ManiMe. Users upload photos of their nails to the company’s website, which uses 3-D modeling technology to create made-to-order gel-polish stickers to fit their nail beds. To get the manicure, just peel off the sticker, press it onto your nail, then file away any excess. That’s it—no drying time and no smudging. Each manicure is meant to last two weeks; when you’re ready for the next one, simply peel off the sticker. Sets start at $15. —Cady Lang
Buy now: ManiMe
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow