Title: When I Become Human
The majority of my life’s work lives at the creative intersection of technology and the natural world. In the last five years a large portion of my development focus has been in the machine learning space. The idea that artificial intelligence may potentially augment or conflict with humanity is a fascinating thing to explore. As with any technology I work with, I am always looking for thought provocative ideas that speak to the best of what humanity is and can be and how technology can amplify and elevate that.
When I Become Human explores the idea of sentience from the perspective of neural networks. Working with these systems, I often wonder, what will they will dream of, wish for and how those things will add to or disrupt humanity. The pairing of organic, vinyl and four-track textural music concrete sound collage with animated machine learning sketches felt like a very unusual but exciting pairing. I hope you enjoy these works as much as I enjoyed creating them.
About the Artist
With a career spanning over 25 years – BT, also known as Brian Transeau, is a Grammy-Nominated music producer, composer, technologist, multi-instrumentalist and songwriter. He is credited as a pioneer of the Trance and IDM genres that paved the way for modern-day EDM. BT is also a classically trained composer and songwriter. He is credited as a pioneer of a variety of important plugins that producers around the world have gone on to use as essentials such as Stutter Edit 1&2 for Izotope and Phobos & Polaris with Spitfire Audio.
He has written, produced, and remixed artists like Peter Gabriel, Depeche Mode, NSYNC, Sting, David Bowie, Death Cab for Cutie, The Roots, Madonna, Britney Spears, Tiesto and more. BT is also an accomplished film-composer, known for his scores on Monster and The Fast and The Furious.
Other notable projects include writing the music for Tomorrowland at Disneyland Shanghai & some of his web 3 projects include a 24 Hour piece of audio visual music for his Genesis.json NFT, Metaversal and fully generative 3D art and infinite music pieces, The Orbs.
View on Opensea here.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This