The best aspect of my relationship with Jerrod Carmichael is that I never have to bite my tongue around him. When I first met him at the Laugh Factory in Los Angeles over a decade ago, I went up to him the moment he got offstage and told him how talented he was. All these years later, I’m glad I’m not the only one who gets to see his greatness. His comedic style stands out because he’s cerebral and puts on these intimate sets, like audiences saw in Rothaniel, where he works to push the culture forward. It’s refreshing.
He’s the same way offstage. When we get together, we talk about things like human behavior and animals. He’s given me some of the sagest advice I’ve ever received. For that and our many years as friends, I’m forever grateful. Jerrod has the talent to become a legendary comedian, but he’s already a legend in my heart.
Haddish is an actor, comedian, and best-selling author
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time