RowVaughn Wells became a figure of national influence in the face of her life’s biggest tragedy—losing her son Tyre Nichols after a beating by Memphis police in January 2023. Tyre poignantly cried out for RowVaughn, his loving and caring mother, as he was being brutalized by the officers. That cry shook the conscience of America.
Losing a child is the worst kind of pain that a parent could know, but RowVaughn has continued to demonstrate strength and assert her voice to ensure that her son’s story is not forgotten. Her goal is simply to stop these unjustified police killings of unarmed Black men. RowVaughn’s strength to purposefully share her grief in the public eye resulted in national recognition from President Biden and his Administration and renewed the calls for police reform on the federal level.
Crump, a civil rights attorney, represents the family of Tyre Nichols
- Why House Democrats Refused to Save McCarthy
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Self-Silencing Is Making Women Sick: Essay
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time